Thursday, November 8, 2007

First day of JOSUG

Today's JOSUG meeting has just started, Im sitting in this class as I typed this very blog entry. I'm disappointed that I'll need to leave by 10:30am for my 11am class; today we're covering AJAX technology which really gets my attention.

We'll see where this goes =)

Shorthand Steps:
  • create an XMLHttpRequest
    • worry about browser creation
  • open() to inititialze connection
    • requester.open("POST" , "/actionPage");
  • send() to send actual data
  • Event listener determines when the object has finished processing
  • Set up a function to handle when readyState is changed to 4
Possible AJAX frameworks:
  • Backbase
    • works independent to whatever server side technology you use
    • has a JSF implementation as well for JSF developers
  • Dojo
  • Rico

No comments: